Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Lipstick Haul and Small Review

Arghhhh, I'm so excited for my first bloggg!!! I hope you all enjoy it and keep looking out for more posts about Fashion, Makeup and Nails!




So I have extreme amounts of makeup, but one thing I never seem to buy is lipstick. I always seem to wear lipstick, and now I'm older I thought I need to expand on my collection of lipsticks. Whilst choosing my newest foundation I decided to try out some new lipsticks. I purchased two from Make Up Academy in Superdrug, they had some really gorgeous colours in there but I limited myself to just the two, which was extremely hard :)



My first one is the 'Power Pout, Colour Intense Tint & Balm', in the colour 'Runaway'. My Mum always uses the 'Chubby Sticks' from Clinique, and I thought this was a cute, cheaper alternative. I love the formula of this, its really soft when I put it on and it seems to last a long time. Because its a tint I found it stained my lips slightly, which I know isn't for everyone, but I like this as I think it makes it last longer. This is £3 from MUA, Superdrug. 





My second purchase from MUA was the 'Kiss You' lipstick in a gorgeous, bright, Barbie pink. It wasn't till I got home I realised it was a 1 Direction lipstick. Which I'm not a major fan of but it wouldn't stop me from buying this again. The formula in this again is really soft and velvety, however I don't find it lasts as long. But I just adore the colour. Again this is from Superdrug, 1D collection at £3.


The three others I purchased were from a little stall in The Merry Hill Centre in Dudley. They're £3.99 or 3 for £10, which I think is a really good bargain for some of the makes they had.   



The first one is a Revlon 'Moon Drops Lipstick' in the colour 'Frost Poppysilk Red' number 714. I was looking for some orangey, peach colours but when I saw this I just loved it. Its got a slight shimmer to it, but not to much that it looks silly. I think the colour is slightly more pink then red, but I still had to have it. I also loved the packaging on this one as its a pretty bright green colour.




The second one I purchased is a L'Oreal Paris 'Color Riche' in the shade 'Pretty Peach' number 104. This is probably my favourite as its so silky smooth when you put it on. Its got more of a gold shimmer to it and it just looks fab on. Its a great colour for in the day just a really nice casual look.




My final purchase is from a company called 'Beauty UK'. I've never heard of them, but I think it might be a cheaper range. I bought it in the colour 'Tango' number 4. Its a lovely shade of orangey brown and its more of a matte colour. However, what I love about this is its got a small pop of bottom which is full of gloss which you can put on its own or after you've put your lipstick.




I hope you enjoyed my first ever blog post and follow me on bloglovin' for more updates.  



A massive thanks to Smurph 'Sarahs Little World' for all her help with writing and taking the photos for my post :) Love you alwaysssss



Please leave comments in the box below with any questions or suggestions.




2 comments:

  1. Hi not sure if you remember me from school but I've just found you blog. Love it and can't wait to read more.

    Laura
    http://lipstickanlashes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember you . . . How are you? Thanks so much, I'm glad even just one person likes it, and will read it :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete